Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
!HAXOTfjzPU
[141 / 25 / ?]

!HAXOTfjzPU No.9360862 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hi /x/

i have found a pretty old book about card reading when going through some of the old stuff from my mom. Apparently its from my grandmother, and it looks very used. But since i never heard about my grandmother reading cards, i guess it is older then that.
I have tried to figure out the age of the book through various methods. It nowhere says when it was printed, so i have only the style, and the prices to go on. The letters wherent used after WWII in germany, and in between the wars those letters where usually only used for pricy stuff,though it might have been used to give the book an aura of being worth more then what the price says so to speak..
Then we have the price itself : 50 pfennig for this one, then there is some advertising for a few pulp books, 30 pfennig each, and for one pretty pricy book (compared to the other books) 2.50 mark : intimate stuff from the toilet table of a posh lady (well it doesnt use the german equivalent of posh, but such details don´t matter i guess).
So, would /x/ be interested in the art of laying cards over a century ago ? Can /x/ help me to get a more precise age for the book ?