Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
!!y4e++wKdsw2
[173 / 12 / ?]

!!y4e++wKdsw2 No.9758698 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hi, /x/. I'm relatively new here, but not to the preternatural. Honestly (and I don't know why) I just never thought there would be an entire, free-form forum devoted to the paranormal, but that just shows you how much I'm about on the net.

I suppose I have my boss to thank for this- he hated the internet, and especially forum boards, but I think he was a bit paranoid about it.

Anyway, I'm getting ahead of myself. I'd like to tell you all about my time in college, when I came into contact with a man I would come to call "boss". Of course, he wasn't really my boss, but I ended up calling him that because of his attitude and his better command of paranormal knowledge than mine.

I was always really interested in the supernatural, ever since I was a kid, since I grew up in an incredibly active house with a few other buildings, so that's saying a lot. By the time I'd gotten into college, I was more concerned with things like grades and essays, but I liked reading up on supernatural stuff when I got the chance.

I met my Boss through an event that one of my friends invited me to. It was a department-sponsored event, and one of my friends had an extra ticket, so she brought me along. My friend actually introduced me to him after the literature reading, calling him over from the food table, and saying I would be interesting to him, because he knew a crazy lot about hauntings and stuff, too.

I was wondering if he was going to be one of those super awkward people, but he ended up being very charming. I was pleasantly surprised by this, of course, even when he subjected me to a battery of questions.

(pic super unrelated)